Want to know a secret? I have a pretty simple trick for making extra creamy ranch dip.
The secret is cream cheese. I discovered this trick after years of making taco dip – which calls for 1 package of sour cream and 1 package of cream cheese. When I make ranch dip (or dip with any other seasoning packet), I scoop our 1/2 cup of the sour cream container and replace it with softened cream cheese.
Simple as that. The cream cheese gives it more flavor and makes it extra creamy. Plus the extra 1/2 cup of cream cheese/sour cream dilutes the ranch seasoning just enough to make it taste less like ranch packet dip.
It’s perfect with fresh cut veggies or potato chips – or anything else you want to smother in ranch. Plus it only takes 5 minutes to make, which makes it my go to potluck dish if I’m in a hurry.
- 1 15-oz package of sour cream
- 1 8-oz package (1 cup) cream cheese
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- Remove 1/2 cup from the sour cream container.
- Add the remaining sour cream, cream cheese, and the ranch dressing mix to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixer until well blended.
- If the ranch flavor is too strong for your liking – simply add a few extra spoonfuls of the sour cream.
Need more appetizer ideas? Check out my other appetizer recipes here!