This ground beef stroganoff gives you the flavors of traditional stroganoff without the heavy sour cream or milk. Plus, the ground beef makes it really budget friendly.
I love, love, love beef stroganoff. It’s creamy, savory and loaded with carbs, so obviously, I love it. I’ve made meatball stroganoff, and classic beef stroganoff, but lately, I find that I really don’t have the time or the motivation to make them. Not that they’re hard to make, I just find that I want to cut as many corners in as possible in the kitchen lately. Being in the middle of our kitchen projects and having an energetic toddler ready to take everything out of the kitchen cabinets sort of forces you to be like that. That’s why this ground beef stroganoff is a perfect choice.
So when I was craving some last week, I came up with this super-easy ground beef stroganoff. And, I made it dairy free for my husband. It takes only 30 minutes to make, and it takes just as good, if not better than my other two recipes.
I just seriously can’t get over how easy this recipe is. You are going to love it. Ok. Now I’m just babbling, but try it for yourself and see.
(Dairy Free) Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 16-ounce package egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cup coconut milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules (2 cubes**)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley (optional, for garnish)
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the beef. Remove from pan, keeping about 1 tablespoon of grease in the pan. Set meat aside.
- Add the onions to the pan and season liberally with salt & pepper. Sauté until translucent and soft - about 5 minutes - stirring frequently.
- Add the beef broth, 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk, bouillon and Worcestershire sauce to the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining coconut milk and flour. Whisk into the pan.
- Return the beef to the pan and simmer until the noodles are ready.
- Toss the noodles to coat evenly with the sauce. Adjust seasoning with salt & pepper and garnish with parsley before serving.
**Bouillon cubes DO contain dairy. I just the equivalent for reference. I normally use loose bouillon granules which are dairy/whey free.
14 Days to Dairy Free
Join the 2 week challenge where you'll learn everything you need to change your diet and your life.
Starting in 2018, you'll get a new lesson each day with actionable steps to help you reach your dairy free goals.