Who doesn’t love chicken noodle soup? Unfortunately, the endless amounts of broth get really boring. This recipe is one of my favorite Pinterest finds, and guess what? No more boring broth! Basically all you do is boil the noodles in the broth rather than just adding cooked noodles to soup. I added pecorino cheese to the “sauce” because when I was a kid, my mom always let us put some on our chicken noodle soup and I love the way the cheese tastes with the soup.
On a side note, we have decided to spend our November vacation in Spain. A few days in Barcelona and a few days in Madrid. Now we just have to figure out what to do and where to eat while we’re there. Have you ever been to either of these cities? I would love love love some recommendations! I was in Madrid when I was 11, but I unfortunately don’t have a good memory of the trip. So I think it’s going to be like I’ve never been there.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 celery stalks, sliced thinly
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 pound package egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup parmesan or pecorino romanoo cheese
- 3 – 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a large pot.
- Add the celery, onion, carrots – saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Continue to simmer for about 20 minutes, then add the noodles, thyme and cornstarch mixture.
- Follow the cooking time recommendations from the noodle packaging.
- Add chicken, butter, cheese, stirring until melted.
- Serve with green onions.
Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum.
14 Days to Dairy Free
Join the 2 week challenge where you'll learn everything you need to change your diet and your life.
Starting in 2018, you'll get a new lesson each day with actionable steps to help you reach your dairy free goals.